The Loser


Let's skip to Justin for a moment because I promised Adriana I would never speak about this again...but I didn't say anything about writing about it. Ha!

It was our work holiday/Christmas party and I decided I was going to bring this guy I had been dating. Real name- JUSTIN. I should have labeled this one "what was I thinking" because the kid was nothing close to anyone I would date right now. Tall, lanky, light-skinned (which is fine apart from the fact that he looked orange 90% of the time due to excessive spray tanning), wore Abercrombie and Fitch (YUCK), loved country music (all of you who know me, I mean COME ON), and to top it off had dropped out of school to work at Red Lobster. Let me explain, I love Red Lobster and I’ve had many serving jobs in the past and can respect anyone that works in the restaurant industry. My snide comment is referring to the fact that the man was lazy. He preferred to smoke weed, go out and get wasted every night instead on focusing on school, his goals or focusing on ANYTHING for that matter.

I digress. So I invited him to come to our holiday shindig and he came wearing the outfit I bought him. (Yes, I was the giver in this relationship; he was ALWAYS broke). I shall say he did make good arm candy... Despite the insults he is an attractive guy. Dark hair, blue eyes, charming, and funny; I'll give credit where credit is due. :) All my girlfriends came and everyone was drinking, eating, and enjoying themselves. Especially my little Romanian devil friend Adriana. Let's just say she partied HARD and ended up passing out on a booth in the back of the establishment. One too many vodka lemon drops or something of the sort I presume. I being the amazing friend that I am, offered to take the waste case home. So Justin and I cut the night short and hopped into his Honda Accord.

As we are driving, Adriana perks up and says: "I am going to throw up".
Me: "Ok, well just roll down the window or we can pull over".
Adriana: Grunts "No, I don't want to".
Me: "Um, just stick your head out and do it".
Adriana: "NO!"
She then proceeds to turn her head to the opposite side of the window and starts throwing up all over the backseat of his car.
Justin: "What the fuck, put your head out the window!"
Adriana: "Noooooo!" Spits on the seat.
Me: "Adriana, you are throwing up all over the car!"
Adriana passes out in the backseat as we get to Justin's house.
Me: "Adriana, we are here. Get out of the car."
Adriana: "No."
Justin: "I'll carry her upstairs."
Adriana then wakes up and starts fighting him off and cursing at him, ending it with a direct blow to his groin.
Justin: Screams. "What the fuck, I am going to kill her!"
Me: "Please don’t, help me carry her please?"

Adriana fought us all the way upstairs, which caused Justin to drop her once (I'm thinking it was on purpose at this point), and when we finally reached his apartment he dropped her on the couch and went into his room. Needless to say, he was not very happy with me and our night did not end on a positive note. I called him the next day, several times, left "I'm sorry" voicemails, text messages, and called him everyday for a week until I figured out that he was not busy or sick or missing. He was avoiding me. He never called me again. He didn't even have the decency to break up with me over the phone, he just cut me out.

So I could blame Adriana because I'm pretty sure he was so disgusted by the whole thing that he just didn't want to talk to me again. But I believe it was pretty cowardly and immature how he handled the situation. In the end, I think he definitely got what he deserved; a car full of puke and a girlfriend that realized how much of a loser he was (even if it did take me a couple of weeks to see that).

P.S.
He did apologize years later on facebook IM and I was happy to hear that he no longer works at Red Lobster. He had gotten fired, so he went to work for Macaroni Grill instead. Congrats Justin!!!

P.P.S.
Adriana exhausted her party days, graduated at the top of her class and is now attending Law School. Congrats Adriana! <3

Comments