Emotional Baggage


Emotional baggage: Painful memories, mistrust and hurt carried around from past sexual or emotional rejection. (Urbandictionary.com)

Lately I have been meeting my share of single men with tons of baggage. Some have trust issues due to infidelity in a past relationship. Others have been burned badly and are turned off at the mere thought of being with someone new. Some I'm sure use the baggage excuse as a get out of jail free card when they fuck up. To be honest though, it's getting out of hand.

Guys are overanalyzing situations more than ever before. They think 15 steps ahead, they stress about how serious or not serious we are, they can't enjoy the moment because they're too busy wondering what this moment means. No joke, I have never seen anything like it. Since when are men sucking the fun out of what used to be such a fun and easy pastime?

I will blame the women for part of it. A large movement has grown throughout the years, actively participating in the "chew them up and spit them out" tactic. I think this has forced a lot of broken hearted men to take a step back and reconsider just having fun and going with the flow. The men though have to step up and get a hold of themselves. We can't even consider bringing up this simple notion. "I like you, I want to do this more often". Because what they hear is "I love you and I'm going to rip your heart out".

So what to do now? They're too paranoid to have fun, too scared to fall in love, the only thing they're almost always up for is sex. I guess thank God for that? Not really because we are still girls and we do enjoy sex more when there is some kind of emotional relationship. The best I can say is I check my baggage at the door and maybe you should too.

Comments