The Womanizer



V was in his thirties, successful and mysterious. He was always a gentleman and was known as a player; always had a different girl hanging around him. We had known each other for a few years through mutual friends, but were never close. We started seeing each other and it was really nice. We became close and there was a definite trust that we had in each other for some odd reason, like we could be ourselves when we were together. I made him watch “Happy Feet” with me and he obliged; any guy who can sit through an animated singing penguin movie is good in my book. He helped me paint my living room hot pink and teal. (Totally seemed like a great idea, in retrospect not so much). Yet, as sweet as he was, he also had a shady past that I never fully knew about. Drugs, sex, illegitimate children, ex-fiancees, but I never found out what was fact and what was fiction.

He was my go-to guy in between Brian and others, he was very dependable and even though V was a busy man, somehow he always had time for me whenever I wanted to see him. I was unsure about his motives but really enjoyed our time together. One night I went out and stopped by to see him at his club, and drank A LOT. Then my friends and I hopped around to different bars and by the end of the night I was smashed. I called him and told him he needed to drive me home because I couldn’t see straight.

He found me and pulled up in his brand new Bentley. Such a hot car, black on black, leather seats, and still smelled brand new. I got in and started making out with him, he proceeded to drive on the highway to my place. All of a sudden, I felt a bit queasy… Before I realized what was going on, I flew the passenger door open (while he was still driving) and started puking my brains out. He stopped the car immediately and pulled off to the side of the road, while I finished humiliating myself. When I was done, I realized I hadn’t been fast enough and I had gotten some all over the door. I apologized and fell asleep the rest of the way home. He carried me inside and apparently I begged him to get in the shower with me???

Ugh as if this story isn’t humiliating enough, he humored me and helped me rinse off and then put me into bed. He did not stay over, but left me clean and tucked in. The next day, he called to make sure I was ok and I apologized for the hundredth time and told him I would have his car washed. V said it was ok, that even though his new car smelled like puke, he wasn’t too upset about it. I didn’t talk to him for awhile because I was still so embarrassed…but eventually we started talking again.

A few months later, he sat me down and told me that he indeed did have an estranged ex and a child he hadn't seen in years. All I can say is that I dodged a pretty huge bullet with that one. I was more annoyed that he hid something that important from me for so long because in the end I did want to trust him. Things cooled off after that and last I heard, him and his ex were trying to work things out, yet I still got an “I miss you” text every now and again. Moral of this story: Once a womanizer, Always a womanizer.

Comments