The one with the Crazy Ex



Let's call him "Tyler". Tyler has been a good friend for about 3 or more years. We worked briefly together and kept in touch. In college, we used to go out and drink and talk about girls and guys and flirt relentlessly. We got in the habit for awhile of meeting up and making out when we were in between failed relationships or when we were having a bad day pretty much. He was blonde, fit, smart, and just a good time all around. I called him my puppy and he called me his kitty cat; we had one thing in common...We wanted to have fun.

So, when we first started hanging out I guess he failed to mention he had been on and off with his ex girlfriend, who by the way was a psychopath. I'm not just calling her that, I mean this was a known fact. This was a girl who was rumored to have chased one of her sorority sisters around their house with a kitchen knife, threatening to stab her because she apparently got too close to Tyler.

One day, I get to work and everyone runs to me and says: Christine (fake name) was just in here looking for you; she was drunk and was yelling something about ripping your head off? Have you been hooking up with Tyler?
Well...I steered clear from her for awhile and waited until she cooled down. I asked Tyler if he was still with her and he said no, but they still were a bit "involved". They were broken up, but still seeing each other. I told him that was fine, but a heads up would've been nice since she was now out for blood. Months later, I ran into her at a bar and it went a little something like this.

Christine: Can I talk to you for a sec?
Me: Sure. What's up?
Christine: I obviously don't like you, but since we hang out in the same places we're just going to have to deal with it.
Me: Yea, for the record I don't like you either. As far as I was concerned, Tyler is single and the rest is really not my problem.
Christine: You're a slut and I don't have to like you.
Me: Haha. Likewise, now go talk to someone who cares. Have a nice night.

Hmmmm. So it went as smooth as it possibly could've gone. Ladies, please even if the guy is your friend, maybe ask him if he's seeing anyone that might stalk you or try to inflict bodily harm on you. I mean can't a girl enjoy some meaningless makeout sessions without being harassed by an ex? Is that too much to ask for? I guess so.

Comments