Vegas Fling



Vegas. That’s pretty much what I’m going to blame my next entry on. The place I hate to love. I leave broke, drained, and a little dirtier every time. Maybe it’s the bright lights, the unlimited flow of alcohol, the glitz and the ridiculous expectation to party till you pass out at 8 am, trying to re do scenes from “The Hangover”. But regardless, Vegas never disappoints.

When I was there one summer for my best friend Jen’s b-day celebration, I thought the usual would ensue. She would be all over her new boyfriend and I was going to end up tagging along with whatever other friends came along. Until I met, his friend B. He was a lawyer that lived in NYC and he was HILARIOUS. I don’t know what it is about funny guys, but it’s like hook, line, and sinker. Take notes fellas: Most chicks will hook up with funny. Anyhow, we hit it off and ended up having a blasty blast that weekend. So much so, that I missed my flight home (i.e. he forced me to stay a day longer) and he booked my flight home for the next day.

After Vegas, we kept in touch and he flew me out to New York two weeks later. We went to Central Park, walked the Brooklyn Bridge, went to the Met and saw the Fashion Exhibit (YAY!). I had an amazing, unforgettable weekend overall. Sadly, we did live in different states and shortly after I started dating someone who lived in my zip code. I just can’t do the long distance thing. It NEVER works people! But still, who says one night stands will get you nowhere? Whoever said that is sadly mistaken :)

Comments