8 reasons to stay single/8 reasons to keep dating

After reading some of Marie Claire's 'Sex and the Singly Guy' blog, I decided to come up with my reasons why I love to be single and reasons why I love to date. I might have a small addiction to the opposite sex, considering I tried giving up men for lent and already I am failing miserably. (OK not too bad, I've been on two dates, which is better than the usual.)

Eight reasons to stay single:

1- In my head, I am the new Carrie Bradshaw in a quest to find my very own Mr.Big and I have a lot of fun trying on different men for size. It's kinda like shopping for shoes, in the window display they look just perfect. But you have to try them on to make sure that not only do they fit, but they also compliment your wardrobe at the present time. (Wardrobe meaning my lifestyle)

2- I like to pick up and go as I please. Summer in Europe? Sure. Try out a new career path in California? Why not. See what NYC has to offer me? Count me in! If I was in a relationship, my free spirit would no longer be free...

3- My social calendar is filled with endless opportunities. I can go out whenever I want, dance with whomever, and party until well you get the idea.

4- I can be selfish. For once it can be all about ME. I don't have to worry about making time for him, watching his TV shows, or saving up for his fabulous birthday/valentine/Christmas gifts.

5- I have more time to focus on work. I hardly ever write when I'm in a relationship and I tend to cut my workdays shorter so I have more qt to spend with them.

6- To avoid growing up. The reality is that when you get into a committed relationship it is a symptom of getting older. No thank you.

7- Who in the world likes rejection. Yes, even I from time to time get rejected after a date or two. Some men just can't handle me, what can I say?

8- Finally, these are my twenties. We are at our prime people! This is a good time to learn about who you are and what you are really looking for.

Eight reasons to keep dating:

1- I love cuddling. Sue me.

2- Being wined and dined is something that in my book, never gets old.

3- I like having someone to talk to when I wake up and someone to talk to before I go to bed.

4- It's nice to have someone to share the good moments with. When you get good news and that person is the first person you have to tell!

5- I actually like cooking for someone other than myself. I like hearing how yummy it really is.

6- I like getting all dressed up for someone and then seeing that look in their eye that shows how much they appreciate it.

7- It is nice to always have someone that wants to hang out with you, even when you're not doing anything special. They just enjoy your company.

8- Because I'm a hopeless romantic and in the end after kissing many, MANY frogs it is only a matter of time until I kiss my prince.

Comments